6.07.2017

Summer Break Goals

Hey, everyone! I don't really have anything in specific that I'm doing this summer, so I decided to set some goals for myself of things that I want to do! I'll check back at the end of summer to see how I did.


Write Something

I definitely want to write SOMETHING this summer. Whether it be a novel, poems, short stories, flash fiction, or fan fiction, I know that I definitely want to take some time to just write.

I wrote a novel February of this year..And it's basically 57,000 words of messiness. I went into it without plotting anything at all and without even the intention to write a novel. I've been toying with an idea for a novel in my mind, and I might try plotting it out and then writing it this summer. I'm not a hundred percent sure I'll do it, but if the idea continues to intrigue me, I'll definitely give it a try.

Watch A Couple of Shows
Again, I'm not completely sure what shows I would like to watch this summer, but I definitely want to take some time to just relax. I'm not that good with following through with the shows that I start. I never used to do this, but for the past couple of months, I've been doing this thing where I watch the first three episodes of a show in one sitting, and then watch the rest of the episodes at a slow pace of one a month, until I eventually stop watching it. Anyway, this summer I'd really like to actually finish something!

I've been watching the k-drama, The Heirs, so I definitely want to finish that. Other k-dramas that I've heard of that I'm considering watching are Playful Kiss, Boys Over Flowers, and Coffee Prince. I'm also currently re-watching Degrassi: The Next Generation. And by re-watching, I mean, using it as background noise when I do random other activities, like drawing and wasting away time on the internet. So yeah, I'll probably continue watching that over the summer, too.

Harvard Lectures

Okay, so a couple of days ago, I randomly started watching a Harvard lecture: the first lecture in the Justice course in Harvard. It was actually a really interesting lecture, and I really enjoyed watching it. There are 24 lectures available online in total, so I'm looking forward to watching those this summer.

Practice French

Currently, I'm learning French at school. Last summer, I used Rosetta Stone to practice French over the summer, and I want to do the same thing this year. I want to just make sure that I take a few minutes every day to using the program.

Art 

Recently, I started drawing a little. I've never been to an art class, so I don't know any techniques, but I do want to learn. So that's why I signed up for art classes. I start in two weeks. I hope that I'll have fun over the summer and learn a lot of new things.

Coding

I also signed up for coding classes this summer. I don't really have any previous experience with coding, so all of this is entirely new to me. I start this week, and I'm excited to see how it goes.

Reading 

I read a lot of books over the school year. I definitely want to read a lot over the summer, too, but I also want to make sure I'm spending time on things other than reading. This summer, I'd like to read a couple of classics (I want to try The Once and Future King, Wuthering Heights, and Romeo and Juliet), some newly released books, and some fan fiction!

xxx
What are your plans for this summer? Do you have any summer goals? 


12 comments:

  1. So many of these sound so interesting!

    Coding, art, Harvard lectures- wow! What a lovely and enriching mix of things to do!

    Many of these are great goal!

    Go for it!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to go into summer with goals; I find that I always have too much free time, and the whole summer ends up feeling like a waste. So good for you for figuring out some stuff you want to do.

    Do you find practicing a language over the summer helps you? I've thought about trying to do that, but I don't know how beneficial it would be for me.

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here. This summer I really want to be productive.

      I think that it definitely does help. It's easy to forget things when you don't practice them!

      Delete
  3. You're so much more productive than I am-- yet again, my brain is still fizzled out by all the finals taken.

    Writing sounds good! I'd suggest pushing towards making the little plot bunny come to life, and to have a definite goal of word count. xD Are you planning on doing Camp NaNo next month? I'm doing it, although I don't think I'll be writing a novel, but a series of pieces for several writing competitions.

    I'm also coding and keeping up with languages over the summer! And with coding, you can use those skills and potentially work them towards customizing blog templates. Have you ever tried to read a book that you know well (something like Harry Potter) but read it in French? It helps because you get the general gist of the story down but you also learn a whole ton more vocabulary. That's how I've been trying to improve with Spanish. And as for reading classics: yup, same boat. I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984, Catcher in the Rye... mainly because they aren't assigned for reading. While my parents mock me, it's so important to read as much as you can.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips! I didn't even know that Camp NaNo was next month. I'll definitely look into it!
      Good luck on the writing competitions!

      I've thought about doing that, but have never tried it. I really think that it would help me learn a lot more French, though!

      It is important! I haven't read 1984 or Catcher in the Rye, but I have read TKAM. It's a great book and I'm sure that you''ll enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Harvard lectures? no way, that sounds awesome!
    some of my goals for this summer are visiting my hometown, growing my blog, and improving my tennis skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you have some great goals! Mine are way less ambitious, mostly I just wanna relax and work on myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Those are great goals, too!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!