6.03.2017

Recent Obsessions

Hey, everyone!

I've been loving a lot of different things recently and I wanted to talk about some of my "obsessions."  I guess that this could sort of be considered as a "favorite's post." It's my first time doing something like this and I'm excited to see how it goes. 

hopeless fountain kingdom- Halsey
Yesterday, Halsey dropped her new album, "hopeless fountain kingdom." It's a little different from her last album, which I actually don't mind at all because I like to see styles of artists change over time. I've been listening to it a lot (I'm listening to it right now) and IT JUST HAS SO MANY AMAZING SONGS. 

 

I'll be posting an album review soon, so look out for that!


We Don't Talk Anymore- Cover By Jungkook and Jimin (from BTS)


Okay, so BTS (a k-pop group) in general is a huge obsession of mine, but I have way too many things to say about them (most of which no one will probably understand), so I'm just focusing on this cover that was released yesterday. I'm not the biggest fan of the original version of "We Don't Talk Anymore" sung by Charlie Puth, but I really do like this cover. Their voices just sound so beautiful and angelic, and it was so wonderful to hear Jimin covering an English song for the first time. Even if you aren't fan, I really suggest that you listen to the cover..It's really beautiful. I've been listening to it on repeat. 



K-Drama- The Heirs
I've seen so many people on the internet that are obsessed with k-dramas, so pretty recently, I gave one of the more popular ones a try. And even though The Heirs is cliched, predictable, and cringey..Even though it has a horrible soundtrack that is played at the most inopportune times, even though people stare at each other for way longer than necessary, even though some of the characters are beyond annoying..It's somehow still really entertaining and kind of addicting. 

Yeah, it's probably doesn't make sense why I'm still watching it when I have so many problems with it, BUT IT'S JUST SO INTERESTING. 

This is our MC in The Heirs. She's bad-ass half the time, and as for the other half...


.....she cries a lot. LIKE EVERY EPISODE. MULTIPLE TIMES. 


Drawing
I've gotten into drawing, recently. I've never been to an art classes, so I don't really know anything about technique, but I've having a lot of fun with sketching. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm enjoying doing it. 

Reading Fanfics
I hate when people say that "fanfic writers aren't real writers." And I don't like that people assume that all fan fiction is crappy. I've read quite a bit of fan fiction, and a lot of fanfics are better than a lot of books that are actually published. Writing is writing..whether it's fan fiction or not. 

With fan fiction, I especially love reading long fics. I think that's one of the amazing things about fan fiction: that a fanfic can be as short or as long as the writer would like it to, rather than in novels, where there is usually some kind of word count that it need to fit into. With longer fics, I love to really see character growth and get to read about those moments that wouldn't usually be included in novels. 

The longest fanfic that I've read to date is 286,990 words, which is equivalent to about four to five young adult novels. AND IT WAS AMAZING. 


xxxx

Are you obsessed with any of the same things I am? What are your recent obsessions? I would love to know! Tell me in the comments! 


-Jolly

11 comments:

  1. BTS is the best!!! XD
    My favorite song by them has to be either Fire or Not Today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best!!
      I love Fire and Not Today.
      As for my favorite song by them, I don't know if I could choose...hmmm...Tomorrow? Dead leaves? The Cyphers? Converse High? Young Forever? Spring Day? Hold Me Tight? Bapsae?
      *dies of confusion*

      Delete
  2. HOPELESS FOUNTAIN KINGDOM IS AMAZING I LOVE IT. I have two faves: 'Lie' and 'Walls Could Talk'. <3 I recently started listening to KPOP! I like BTS and EXO. Do you have any recs? I also love fanfiction, I don't read fanfiction a LOT but I do appreciate it! :D

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS AMAZING I LOVE IT, TOO. My two faves are Heaven in Hiding and Sorry :-)
      By recs do you mean recommendations of k-pop groups? If so, I mostly only obsess over BTS, but I listen to songs from a handful of other groups, my favorite of which being GOT7.

      Delete
  3. Ah, K-drama. It's not something I've ventured into recently, although there is this super cutesy one that's kind of dated called Playful Kiss that I really enjoy. ^.^ The two MC's are the most adorable people ever! And hey, there's a good handful of authors that started off doing fan fiction, with Marisa Meyer being the most notable one of all.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that one..Maybe I'll have to try it out!
      Yes, fanfiction is such a good way to get into writing!

      Delete
  4. I love Halsey's new album so much as well!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check out Halsey's new album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! It's a great album!

      Delete
  6. halsey. kills. me. she is so freaking talented!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!