5.31.2017

Little Things

I think that a lot of us are just rushing through our lives. We don't pay attention to those little things that happen to us every day. We dismiss them, take them for granted. But without them, our lives just wouldn't be the same. Those little things, that we never really seem to think about, those are the things that really shape our lives. Those are the things that make life beautiful. And I think that it's really important that we appreciate these things. That we just pause for a moment, and take a moment to smile because of all of the little things that we're blessed with in our lives.

So, anyway, I've made a list of a couple of the little moments and things in my life that I love and appreciate. I hope that my list will get you thinking about the little things in your life, and I hope that it makes you smile!



source

1) Days when I have no homework
2) Being told that I smell good
3) Looking through photographs from my past
4) When I get home and exchange my school clothes for some comfier clothes
5) Falling asleep to the sound of the rain
6) Warm clothes from the dryer
7) Drinking a cold glass of water when I'm thirsty
8) When something I say makes someone else happy
9) Wearing fuzzy socks in the wintertime
10) Eating cold, fresh fruit
11) Winning an argument
12) When someone smiles at me
13) Random acts of kindness
14) The softness of cut grass
15) When I hear a song that I haven't heard in a while
16) Eating buttery popcorn
17) Soft blankets
18) Smelling a perfume or lotion that I love
19) Accidentally dropping something without damaging it at all
20) Seeing a funny license plate
xxxxxxx
So, what are the little things in your life that you love? 
Tell me in the comments!

-Jolly 


14 comments:

  1. Ahhh, great list!!! Made me smile. I'd have to add standing out in the wind when a storm is coming, and removing freshly-baked cookies from the oven. Oh, and the bittersweet feeling of finishing a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you smile!
      I love those things, too!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great reminder, and at such a convenient time for me, thank you.
    I think some of the small things I overlook would probably include standing outside to watch the rain fall, finding a new song I love, and falling in love with a song or album again after not listening to it for awhile.

    - Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)
      I definitely agree with all of yours, too. There's something especially amazing about the feeling of listening to a loved song that you haven't listened to in a while.

      Delete
  3. OH. MY. SHISH KEBABS. Funny license plates and trying to decipher them are probably the most hilarious things ever! There was one license plate that my brother and I thought translated to "three boys / men" which we further tried to rationalize the reasoning behind it-- maybe there are three boys in the family? Who knows? And while warm clothes are great, warm blankets win every time because they can envelope you entirely in warmth and by gosh is that rather pleasing. Thank you so much for this, Jollygirl!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, license plates can be so fun to try to look at and decipher!
      WARM BLANKETS FOR LIFE.

      Delete
  4. It's so important to remember to take a moment to enjoy the little things. I love listening to throwback tunes.

    I enjoy a good barbecue with friends, a day at the beach with music and just a good cup of tea!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to throwback tunes is always the best :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this little reminder! I'd say being told that they were thinking of you is pretty heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, those moments mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  6. I love this; it's such a great compilation and an excellent reminder. <3
    xx,
    -Anna
    www.lethologicablog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool list! we had a lot of things on common like the 4th, the 8th or 19th.

    To add my little things, I like to hug my cat, or when I get up from sleep and my dog comes to me very happy to salutate me (I think is her way to say me "good morning" hahahah)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I wouldn't know what those things feel like, because I don't have any pets, but your pets sound adorable :-)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!