2.19.2017

Guest Post By Jeani: The Mountain

Hey, everyone! Today I have Jeani doing a guest post. If you haven't already, I highly recommend that you check out her blog. She posts really beautiful, amazing poems, and really thought provoking discussions. Anyway, on to Jeani's post!

----------------------------
Hello! My name is Jeani and I’m from the blog Jeani Thoughts. I am very excited to be posting on “Reflections of a Jolly Girl” today! I hope you enjoy my poem! 

The Mountain
She stretched across the northern land
Water cascading from her mouth
Blue flowers sprung up from her roots
She was still as winter howled

Her strong arms sheltered rabbits
As they huddled to her breast
She cried for summer’s ending
For her friends would soon be dead

She shied away from cameras
As the bright lights hurt her eyes
They wore away her edges
They scraped their feet against her sides

If you lay still, you’ll hear her cry
Carried on the northern breeze
Then you’ll drink your cup of coffee
Carry on like you haven’t seen

Her cracked and crumbling body
Is hidden by the morning glow
And you only count the flowers
That she worked so hard to grow

She has supported your every move
But all you do is let her break
So, I’m saying on her behalf
Please don’t wait till morning wakes

// Jeani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!