1.14.2017

The Disney Book Tag

Hey, everyone! I stumbled upon The Disney Book Tag on youtube, and I really liked it! I think it's such a fun tag, and I really wanted to do it! 

 1. The Little Mermaid - a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”


I think that Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices Series (by Cassandra Clare) was really out of her element, at least at first. In Clockwork Angel, she travels from New York to London in order to find her brother. Instead, she gets thrown into a crazy world, filled with demons, demon hunters, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc. The customs and traditions of all the people she meets are also very different from her own, and the ones accepted in New York. It was clear that she was confused and startled, obviously "out of her element."




2. Cinderella - a character who goes through a major transformation


Celaena Sardothien changes and grows so much over the course of the Throne of Glass series (by Sarah J. Maas.) In the first few books of the series, she's impulsive, somewhat immature, and  irresponsible.  However, she eventually grows and matures into an amazing leader. 


3. Snow White - a book with an eclectic cast of characters


Lady Midnight (by Cassandra Clare) has so many different characters and each one is unique in their own way. They all have their own quirks, and storylines. I just love the emphasis on family in Lady Midnight and how the personality of each member of the Blackthorns is really fleshed out. Another thing I love about Lady Midnight (and in other books by Cassandra Clare) is how the author includes diverse characters in all of her books. 


4. Sleeping Beauty - a book that put you to sleep


The Graceling by Kristin Cashore was just really boring. Towards the middle/end of the book, nothing seemed to be happening. The characters didn't save the boring plot for me either as I wasn't a huge fan of the main character. I ended up not finishing this book.


5. The Lion King - a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood


Something traumatic has happened to the main characters in almost every YA book! I'm choosing the obvious choice though, which would be Harry Potter. We can all agree that Harry Potter didn't have the best early childhood because his parents died and he was forced to live with his aunt and uncle in the closet under the stairs. Harry Potter probably isn't the most "original" answer for this question, but since the Harry Potter franchise means a lot to me, I'm choosing him. 


6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful

I was really intimidated by all of Cassandra Clare's books. It just seemed like there were so many, and I had no idea where to start. When I eventually read them though, I completely loved them. I know that a lot of people are intimidated by the amount and size of her books, but I would really recommend reading them. They're completely worth it. If you're unsure about what order to read them in, I'd recommend reading them in publication order: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, Clockwork Angel, City of Fallen Angels, Clockwork Prince, City of Lost Souls, Clockwork Princess, City of Heavenly Fire, Tales From Shadowhunter Academy, Lady Midnight. 


7. Mulan - a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not


For this one, I choosing Alex, from Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. Alex doesn't exactly pretend to be someone she's not, but she does hide things about herself (like her schizophrenia  from other people. 



8. Toy Story - a book with characters you wish would come to life


I would love for the characters in The Lunar Chronicles (by Marissa Meyer) to come to life. I just love all the characters. Each of their personalities are so unique, and together, they form such a dynamic group! 


I hope that you enjoyed reading that post! Have a great week!

-Jollygirl

9 comments:

  1. Awesome tag! I love your answers :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute tag, Jollygirl! I have yet to read the Shadowhunter books because (yes) of their size. But I'm planning on tackling them this year. Wish me luck haha! Anywho, I love your answer for #8. I would also love to see the Lunar Chronicles characters come to life!

    p.s: have you read Heartless yet? i really liked it!

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them!
      Yes, I have read Heartless! I really liked it, too!

      Delete
  3. Ha! Loved this tag! I TOO ALSO WISH THAT ALL OF THE LUNAR CHRONICLES CHARACTER'S WOULD COME TO LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)
      I think that everyone who has read The Lunar Chronicles wants those characters to come to life!

      Delete
  4. ah, this was great!
    and harry potter is always a good answer :)

    much love!
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Harry Potter is always my go-to!

      Delete
  5. Oh oh I so love this!! And YES to all the Clare books! I mean, the amount of them is so much?!? But they're also absolutely incredible and I love noticing the references to other books too. :') And omg the Lady Midnight crew is absolutely my precious little cinnamon roll favourites. AND YES TO THE LUNAR CHRONICLES. Thorne though. 😂 Thorne is so sassy so obviously the best.😂

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!