11.19.2016

Quotes from Books + Book Photography

Hi, everyone! Lately, I've been spending so much time on goodreads, just looking at quotes from different books. There are so many passages in books that are inspiring, funny, sad, etc. So, today, I want to share some quotes from some of my favorite books. Oh, and if you want to add me as a friend on goodreads, click here, to get to my profile. 

 I  just want to mention really quickly that I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them yesterday, and it was so amazing! 

Also, all the photography in this post is mine. The photographs are not great, mostly because I don't have a lot of experience with taking pictures of books, but it was really fun to take them :-)



“But you always have a choice. You can choose to find comfort and solace in God. You can choose to be brave and compassionate. And you can choose to find beauty and happiness wherever they present themselves.” 

“So the question becomes, Daughter of the Dragon, what will you sacrifice? What will you let be taken away so that you, too, can have power?” 
― Kiersten WhiteAnd I Darken

“On our wedding night," she said, "I will cut out your tongue and swallow it. Then both tongues that spoke our marriage vows will belong to me, and I will be wed only to myself. You will most likely choke to death on your own blood, which will be unfortunate, but I will be both husband and wife and therefore not a widow to be pitied.” 
― Kiersten WhiteAnd I Darken



“Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
"Knife to the throat?" asked Inej.
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper.
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
― Leigh BardugoSix of Crows

“Jesper knocking his head against the hull and cast his eyes heavenward. "Fine. But if Pekka Rollins kills us all, I'm going to get Wylan's ghost to teach my ghost how to play the flute just so that I can annoy the hell out of your ghost."

Brekker's lips quirked. "I'll just hire Matthias' ghost to kick your ghost's ass."

"My ghost won't associate with your ghost," Matthias said primly, and then wondered if the sea air was rotting his brain.” 
― Leigh BardugoSix of Crows

“I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.” 
― Leigh BardugoCrooked Kingdom

“Has anyone noticed this whole city is looking for us, mad at us, or wants to kill us?"
"So?" said Kaz.
"Well, usually it's just half the city.” 
― Leigh BardugoCrooked Kingdom




“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

Trust me, though, the words were on their way, and when they arrived, Liesel would hold them in her hands like the clouds, and she would wring them out like rain.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief



“I can offer you my life, but it is a short life; I can offer you my heart, though I have no idea how many more beats it shall sustain” 
― Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince

“It is the mundanes who look at me and see something they do not understand—a boy who is not quite white and not quite foreign either."
"Just as I am not human, and not demon either," Tessa said softly.
His eyes softened. "You are human," he said. "Never think you are not. I have seen you with your brother; I know how you care for him. If you can feel hope, guilt, sorrow, love—then you are human.” 
― Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel

“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” 
― Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess

“They’re not hideous,” said Tessa.
Will blinked at her. “What?”
“Gideon and Gabriel,” said Tessa. “They’re really quite good-looking, not hideous at all.”
“I spoke,” said Will, in sepulchral tones, “of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls.”
Tessa snorted. “And what color do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?”
“Mauve,” said Will.” 
― Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince


“Lex malla, lex nulla. A bad law is no law.” 
“He bumped into a pay phone and said, 'Excuse me, miss,' on our way in," said Julian.
"It's polite to apologize," said Mark with the same small voice.
"Not to inanimate objects.” 
― Cassandra ClareLady Midnight

“No one is ever the villain of their own story.”
― Cassandra ClareLady Midnight
“The world is terrible," said Mark tonelessly. "And some are drawn down into it and drown there, and some rise above and carry others with them.” 



“He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through."
"How very rude of him."
"I told him I was."
Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To Harry's intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knee. When Dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady. 
"I am very touched, Harry.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

“I dreamed I was buying new shoes last night," said Ron. "What d'ya think that's gonna mean?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

“Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince



“Finally, Cinder gulped. "I'm sorry I had to --" She gestured at the unconscious wedding coordinator, then waved her hand like shaking it off. "But she'll be fine, I swear. Maybe a little nauseous when she comes to, but otherwise...And your android...Nainsi, right? I had to disable her. And her backup processor. But any mechanic can return her to defaults in about six seconds, so..." She rubbed anxiously at her wrist. "Oh, and we ran into your captain of the guard in the hallway, and a few other guards, and I may have scared him and he's, um, unconscious. Also. But, really, they'll all be fine. I swear." Her lips twitched into a brief, nervous smile. "Um...hello, again. By the way.” 
― Marissa MeyerCress


“Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable.” 
― Marissa MeyerWinter

“Thorne scoffed. “Careful is my middle name. Right after Suave and Daring.”
“Do you even know what you're saying half the time?” asked Cinder.” 
― Marissa MeyerWinter

“The queen's eyes smouldered. "I know my own kind when I see them, and right now there is one in these city walls." She pointed a finger toward the balcony."I want her found and brought to me."
"Right," said Kai,"that'll be no problem in a city of two and a half million people. Let me just go dig out my special Lunar detector, and I'll get right on that.” 
― Marissa MeyerCinder


So, I hope you enjoyed those quotes and the pictures! Tell me if you've read any of the books mentioned in this post, and also let me know what your favorite quote was! 

-Jollygirl 



12 comments:

  1. Great post! Those quotes are amazing, and so are your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Harry Potter series and The Book Thief. Those books do have tons of great quotes, don't they?
    I watched Fantastic Beasts yesterday, and thought it was amazing too! Have a couple of issues but that doesn't really matter since I'm biased xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do! Yeah, there were a few things about it that I had problems with, but overall, it was an amazing movie!

      Delete
  3. Wow - great quotes. I have a wall in my office pasted with my favourites - might have to add some of them up there :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the quotes! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh this post just gave me all the feels <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quotes from amazing books often have that effect :-)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Love these quotes, and your photos are great! I gasped when I saw The Book Thief. It's such a special book!
    x

    Aida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did! The Book Thief is a special book, isn't it?!

      Delete
  6. EEEPPPP THE PHOTOS AND QUOTES FROM THE BOOK THEIF!!!!!! GAHHHH
    The Book Thief is da best book evar! Lovely list of quotes and photos too!!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you!
      The Book Thief is amazing!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!