9.26.2015

Lately: The Raven Boys, Once Upon A Time, Gum under Desks, Autumn, etc.

I know, I know. Its been 16 days since I've written my last blog post. I'm failing my goal of publishing a post once a week. I've been busy from school, and I've been in a blogging slump. It might take a while for me to figure the whole blogging schedule out, but I hopefully will, soon. Disclaimer: None of the pictures used in this post are mine.

Anyway, lately I've been....

Reading: I've been reading "The Dream Thieves" by Maggie Stiefvater, the second book in "The Raven Cycle." Its actually a pretty amazing series, and it isn't really the typical fantasy that you would expect. It has more of an urban feel to it, and its basically about psychics, a ley line, and finding a dead king. 
If you've read this series, who is your favorite character? My favorite character is Noah.

Watching: I've been watching Once Upon a Time and Doctor Who. For Once Upon a Time, I've just been re-watching old episodes, as season five is beginning tomorrow. I think that the new plot line is going to be very interesting, and I'm excited to see all the new characters that are going to be introduced, and the ones from the older seasons that are going to be brought back (I'm talking about Mulan!) As for Doctor Who, I just finished the episode, "Family of Blood" with the human version of the Doctor, John Smith, and let me just say..WOW! 




Listening: I've been listening to lots of covers from Jasmine Thompson. Her voice is really beautiful, and I really do recommend that you check her covers out. Also, I've been liking "Renegade" by X Ambassadors. And, all of the songs by Imagine Dragons.  And of course, I can't forget "Riptide" by Vance Joy. 


  Mad World covered by Jasmine Thompson


Not Liking: I've not been liking all the gum I've been seeing under desks at school. You're not even allowed to chew gum at school, so why would there be gum under the desks. Its just disgusting, and me being a germaphobic, it takes a lot of power to stop thinking about the gum and focus on my school work.
 Also, I haven't been liking the 90 minutes of math homework I'm getting every day. 90 minutes of homework is a lot, and I could deal with it, but the thing is, I have other homework from my other subjects, and when you add all those minutes up, its a lot. Its just hard have 1 1/2 hour of math class, and then come home and do another 90 minutes of math work. Nevertheless, I do enjoy doing math, and I find the math work fun. And yes, the reason why I've been having so much math homework is because I'm in a advanced math class, and I have two periods of math a day, rather than one. Basically, what I'm doing, is a double-up class. Last year, I was in fifth grade, but I completed sixth grade math, and half of seventh grade math. So, this year, I'm having double the amount of math classes that you would normally have, and I'm completing the remaining math material for seventh grade, then completing eight grade math, and then completing ninth grade math. Basically, that just means a lot of work for me. 

Liking: I've been liking the nicer weather. It hasn't been so hot, and the sixties weather has been great. That's one of the reasons why autumn is my favorite season. I also love all the leaves changing colors. I think its the most beautiful time of the year. 
Other than the weather, I've been enjoying my English class. My English teacher is very straightforward, and actually pretty fun, and I really do enjoy my class with her. 


That is it for this post! I hope you guys have a great weekend!


















13 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH ONCE UPON A TIME IS THE BEST THING EVER INVENTED. Okay, I'm really obsessed. I'm on Season 4, Episode 21 now, and I can't wait for Season 5 to start. I can't believe Mr. Gold wants to turn Emma dark! xx

    Shine on,
    GirlRadio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I'M SO OBSESSED, TOO! I finished season four a few days ago, and it was amazing! Just wait until you watch the ending of season four, you will be wowed!
      And isn't the combination of Cruella/ Ursula/ Maleficent amazing?
      And that whole Lilith plot line was such a surprise! I couldn't believe that she was Maleficent's daughter!

      Delete
    2. Yup! I love the combination of Cruella, Ursula, and Maleficent! I find the Lily plot incredibly exciting too :)
      I'm actually watching the last episode now, the part where Henry finds Emma in the tower Snow imprisoned her in. I'm so glad that she didn't lose her memories! xx

      Shine on,
      GirlRadio

      Delete
    3. AHHHH HENRY SAVED THEM

      Delete
    4. Yes! Henry is so awesome!
      BUT THEN EMMA BECOMES THE DARK ONE NOOOOOOOOOOO

      Delete
  2. OMG YOU STARTED WATCHING DOCTOR WHO YAYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ninety minutes of homework?!?!? Whoa, that's a daunting task! Usually (I'm in Pre-calculus right now) we only get an hour of homework a day, about twenty to twenty-five problems, give or take, but ninety minutes of homework? That's a lot. O-O I haven't started season 5 yet but after finishing my Seminar homework, I'm planning on watching it. I've seen previews and reviews for the first episode of the current season and, WHAT?!?!? Merida appears? Henry's get a love interest in the second episode? MY MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND. As for Raven Boys, my mind was muddled trying to go through the first installment, so sometime soon I'm going to have to have a reread.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm taking two math classes a day, so that is probably why I'm getting so much homework :-)
      Yeah, season five seems to be really interesting!

      Delete
  4. asdfghjkl.

    FIRST OFF. ONCE UPON A TIME IS BASICALLY THE BEST TV SHOW AROUND. OKAY. THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON FIVE WAS ASDFGHJKL. ALSO, THE RAVEN BOYS? ASDFGHJKL. SUCH A MIND-BLOWING SERIES. I'M CRYING HERE JOLLYGIRL. I'M GOING CRAZY.

    anna | annaish

    [Sorry for going crazy up there. This post unleash my inner fangirl.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to unleash your inner fangirl on my blog any time :-)

      Delete
  5. AHHH I LOVE THE DREAM THIEVES!! I love the entire Raven Cycle, omg, and I love everything ever written by Maggie Stiefvater. :') She is my favouritest author of them all. I LOVE NOAH TOO. Ronan is probably my favourite...but then Blue. But then Gansey. Gah. Is it fair to say my affections are nearly equally split?!?!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the characters are so amazing! I do have to say though, that I like Adam the least out of all of them.

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!