8.03.2015

A Little Post to Celebrate Little Things


My one year old cousin pointed towards my foot.
"Socks! Socks!" he cried.
My mother, who was folding laundry handed me a pair of socks to put away in the cupboard. Again he cried, "Socks! Socks!", a humongous smile evident on his face. 
"And what color is the sock?" I asked, pointing to the blue stripe on it,
"Geen," he said, thrusting the sock out of my hand, and pointing to his feet. I gently lifted one foot up, sliding the oversized sock on, and then the other. He laughed and laughed, nose scrunched up, then plucked the two socks off and proceeded to laugh some more. 



Small children seem to always notice the little things. They notice small things, like socks, and amuse them self with that small thing. 
There are so many things in life that we overlook, that could give us happiness if we let them.
Life is much more enjoyable if we treasure the little things in our life, that we take for granted. The little things around us in nature, the little things that other people do for us, and the little things that we can do for other people.

Some of the little things that I treasure:
The fluffiness of the grass after it has just been cut
The smell of freshly baked cookies
The sounds the birds make in the morning
When someone cooks something incredibly delicious for you

What are some of the little things you treasure?


I hope that you enjoyed! Have a nice day!


10 comments:

  1. You're right; the little things can make us happy. What I always remember about my days in eighth grade is laughing over books we've read at seven in the morning, or driving through the city while listening to quiet songs on the radio at nine in the evening, and even to this day I still appreciate those things. I miss undergoing the Snickers/Twix event-- everyday is going by fast, but to the point you are so much more aware of the smaller things that's they can't go unnoticed. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! The little things do make us happy, and often those are the things we remember when we grow up.

      Delete
  2. I love the little things in life :)
    And that story with your cousin is so sweet!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little things in life that we often take for granted are the most precious. And unfortunately, we usually don't notice them until they are gone. Such a lovely reminder in your post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's sad that little things go by unnoticed.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. The little things in life are often what pull the big ones together. Amazing post, amazing as usual! xo

    Emily // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your blog!
    I'm Gracie and I am 11, my blog is graciechicksblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you like this blog! I'm also 11.

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!