7.26.2015

Udaipur

Hey guys! During my trip to India, I got to visit Udaipur, with nine of my relatives: My grandmother and grandfather from my mother's side, my aunt, uncle, and my one year old cousin from my mother's side, and my grandmother and uncle from my father's side. Udaipur is a small city in Rajasthan. It is known as "The City of Lakes." The people in Udaipur were so hospitable and friendly, even the cab drivers, who told us lots of information about Udaipur as we were driving around. Of course this information was not valuable to me, as it was spoken in Hindi, which I do not understand, but I know my relatives enjoyed it very much. 

The view from our first hotel, Lalit, was absolutely stunning. In the grass outside, we had the view of a serene blue lake, with beautiful grassy mountains. At sunset, a powerful dark orange bled through all the clouds, and dripped into the lake. The mountain was illuminated, and its green grassy hills had a tint of yellow.

My grandfather told me that the queens and the maidens used to bathe in the garden. The picture above has a fake stone statue in it, standing in a place where the women could bathe. 


We all visited Saheliyon ki Bari, which is a garden. The gardens are very beautiful to look at. There were lots of vibrant colored flowers, elephant statues, and pillars joined together by a roof on top. My one year old cousin who is very enchanted by water, observed the fountains, dragging his tiny fingers through the water that leaped into the air, and looking very closely at a small faded green leaf. Somehow (I don't know how), my cousin obtained a small pink flower. He held it gingerly, running after me, and gave it to me. 

The next hotel we went to was Taj Lake Palace, which was originally a palace, but then converted into a hotel. To get to the palace, we had to ride a small boat to the center of the lake, where the palace rested. The lake that the palace rests upon is actually man made, and was created after Taj Lake Palace was built. When we got off the boat, when we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed fondly, and there was a rose petal shower in honor of us coming (they do that for all the guests.) The staff sat us down in the waiting room, and gave us some complementary drinks (and they gave me free books about the mythology that took place around that area!) . Then, one of the staff members gave us a tour around the palace.

The above picture shows the garden in the palace.



The above is the view of the palace, Jag Mandir in the night, from the terrace. Lots of famous celebrities have been married in Jag Mandir. I actually didn't go to the terrace, because I caught a cold, but all my relatives say that it was amazing, and the above picture proves that. 
We watched a traditional Rajasthani dance. The dancer was very talented, and it was amazing to see all the intricate hand gestures, and complicated stunts. 


I had a wonderful time in Udaipur, and am so glad that I visited there,

Have a great day! Bye!

14 comments:

  1. You're talent for describing things really comes through in this post. I can totally imagine your whole family walking through the gardens and observing all the beautiful landmarks in Udaipur.

    By the way, I don't really care about grammar mistakes in blog posts as I make a ton of them, but I'd just like to gently point out that invaluable actually means EXTREMELY valuable, similar to the word priceless. I've made this mistake countless times (countless there's another one haha). It would actually be "not valuable" to describe something that isn't of any value to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that I have a talent for describing things! That means a lot!
      Also, thank you for pointing out my mistake. My father told me about it in the morning, but I forgot to change it! Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! This post is gorgeous, just like Udaipur ;) I'd love to go there someday and actually see what all the pictures capture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should definitely visit Udaipur!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I haven't visited Rajasthan yet, although I might go there on my trip to India next summer. My stay has always been limited to Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, as I'm South Indian and Telugu. What language is your mother tongue? xx

    Shine on,
    GirlRadio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do visit Rajasthan next summer, definitely tell how you enjoyed it! My stay has also been limited. I've only been to Hyderabad (and visited Chennai once too, because my aunt and uncle used to live there, though they have moved to Hyderabad now.)

      My mother tongue is also Telugu!

      Delete
  4. I simply adore all of the architecture in Udaipur. The hotel and palace are just... Well, I'm a bit jealous. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The architecture in Udaipur is definitely very beautiful. You should definitely visit there some day!

      Delete
  5. Whoa this is gorgeous! The buildings, the architecture, the view and everything is just so pretty!!!!! *adds to "places to go" list
    -xoxo Lizzie
    http://wondergirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty, isn't it? You should definitely visit there!

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos! I visited Udaipur when I went to India, it was so beautiful :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Udaipur is definitely a very beautiful city!

      Delete
  7. WOW. This is incredible and that garden...omg, wow and wow. I loved reading this and seeing the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!