5.02.2015

What makes someone popular?

I do fear my words coming off as rude. There are so many different words in the world, and so many different ways to put them together. There are also so many minds in the world, that interpret things in different ways. Sometimes I just worry that the words I choose to say will transform themselves in an odd way, to say something that I didn't mean. Or that the person I say something to would mix my words up in their brain. So, I take great care to make sure that no word that I say will make someone feel bad. I've always thought caring about kindness is an important key to being well-liked, and I still think it is. But, it isn't as important as I thought it was. Not many of the very popular people take care to make their words kind, all the time.

I guess beauty and gracefulness might take part in like-ability. The people who hold themselves strong and tall in dance class. They hold their head high walking through the area, chattering with everyone. Not people like me, who wobble in a position, then fall to the floor.

The most important quality to be well-liked, I think, to be outgoing, loud, and funny. I find that the popular people are not afraid to yell their thoughts to the world,  or laugh horribly loud. They're amusing and entertaining, and extremely silly. I don't really understand how they do it. I'm not really somebody who engages in silly activities, or who is really open with their voice. I'm more of a quiet introvert, and don't like to engage in those things. People have even thought me odd, because while the whole class was laughing really hard at some hilarious thing a popular person said, I was studying a textbook about grammar.

I've tried to be like the populars in a way- be loud, outgoing, and graceful- but I ultimately failed because the personality that I had to fit into to get noticed and get attention in my grade, was the complete opposite of the person that I am. It doesn't really matter how graceful, beautiful, outgoing, funny, or silly you are. Because you are you, and you should be proud of having your wonderful personality. In reality, well-noticed people aren't better than anybody else. I find it shameful that much of society gives more recognition to people who get lots of attention, than people who don't, but that's just the way it is right now. And, I happy to say, that I now take pride in the qualities that make up me. And it doesn't matter that I'm not one of the most popular students. I've recently realized,  I don't need to be admired by everyone to feel good about myself. I've made great friends that do like my personality, and I've learned to accept that my introverted personality is me- and there's no way I can change it- so I might as well just stick with it, and love it.

I hope that you enjoyed this post. I had tons of fun writing it. Toodles!
Jollygirl

Coming Up: 5 ways to get out of blogger's block



10 comments:

  1. Ugh popularity. It's so true that loud confident people are paid the most attention to. I reckon the right way to do things is to be confident in you, so you can yell your thoughts to the world as well. They might be so intelligent, not silly or funny but intelligent thoughts you're not afraid to share. The only reason I hate this popularity thing is because it's a definition of your identity to other people, and they will judge you and treat you differently based on it.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so important to be confident in yourself! Everyone has a lot they can say, and influence upon this world. That's the reason I hate popularity too..I'd rather be judged on the quality of my character. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Popularity. It's so weird, because it's stereotypically shown that the louder, more outgoing people, are popular, and well, it just often appears that way when it is nothing like that in reality. I'm not the most popular person in school; in fact, people think I am quite boring and whenever they request to follow me on social media (namely, Instagram) they end up unfollowing me a day afterwards. It's hard. It's not fun. But there are people in my life that do love me, and the best part? I'm popular when I'm around them, in their eyes, and my friends are popular, even if our group is only ten people big.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the most popular person in my school either- and people often think me boring, too. I'm sorry that you have to go through unfollowing on social media. But, it really doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. It's true- everyone is popular in their true friend's eyes.

      Delete
  3. I love this post. It's so true that all the popular kids have a ton of confidence, and a ton of them can be extremeely loud and often make a ton of jokes... some of which aren't even funny. But it doesn''t matter your popularity as long as the friends you have are true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this post! And yes, I agree with you about friends! Like Morningtime 4 said, people are popular in their friend's eyes.

      Delete
  4. I love this post, it is so true! 'Popular' people really get on my nerves sometimes. They really aren't that special, in my opinion.

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked this! I think everyone is special- but I don't like that popular people are valued higher than others.

      Delete
  5. I honestly have NO idea how popular people get popular. It's like... you either are or you aren't.

    I wouldn't consider myself popular but I am well known. And that's because I'm a musician and I'm sociable. It's all about who you want to be, not who you want to be seen as. The popular people are kind of... shallow? Or wait, I shouldn't say that. Their interests are a lot different than mine. I do care about my looks too but I also love to read and make stupid jokes and be weird. Graceful isn't for me. And I don't want to be a public spectacle for others who thirst for popularity, waiting for me to make the wrong move. It all sounds like wayy too much work, in my opinion.

    I love the theme of this post. It's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Follow me on gfc and i Follow you back! Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!