5.26.2015

Tutorial: How to Add a Picture Link to Your Blog That Links to a Separate Page

Many of you bloggers have separate pages attached to their blog, such as an about page, a writing page, a contact page, etc. Picture links are an interesting way to link these pages onto your blog. I added picture links to my blog a few months ago. They're somewhere around the middle of my sidebar.

So, here is how you make a picture link:

1. Make Your Picture

First, you have to make the picture that will link to your separate page. I recommend using PicMonkey to do this, but you can use anything to make your picture! Make sure that your picture is clean and simple. Put your separate page name on the picture. 

2. Paste Your Picture Into a New Blog Post

Open a new blog post. Insert your picture into it. 

3. Give Your Picture a Link

Highlight your picture, and then click the button, "Link." Paste the web address of the page you want to attach to your blog inside the pop-up that comes up. 

4. Copy the HTML

Click the HTML button at the top left corner of your computer screen. Copy the HTML that comes up.

5. Find the Correct Gadget

Click your blog in the blogger homepage, and head to layout. Click, "Add a Gadget." Scroll down through the gadgets until you find the gadget that says, "HTML/Java Script." Click on it. 

6. Paste the HTML

Paste the HTML you copied in step four, into the HTMl/Java Script gadget. Click save. 
Now you're done! Go to layout, and move the gadget to the place you would like it to be on your blog! Ta-da!


I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial, and that it helped you! Have a great day! Bye! 

20 comments:

  1. This tutorial is great, really informative and easy to follow. If anyone I know needs help with this, I sure know where to direct them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you liked it!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had known how to do this during my first days of blogging! :D

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really helps! You're good at tutorials, you should do more of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will do more of these in the future!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this post, Jollygirl! I do many picture buttons using a much more complicated method, so I won't hesitate to refer to this post the next time I need a picture button! You have a way of making everything easy to understand; please do more tutorial posts.

    Shine on,
    GirlRadio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I helped! I'll definitely do more tutorial posts in the future!

      Delete
  5. I really like this blog post! It is very helpful!!!!! Im a new blogger, and reading this was fantastic!!! Thank you!!! xxxxxxx


    Galaxy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad this helped!

      Delete
  6. I really like this blog post! It is very helpful!!!!! Im a new blogger, and reading this was fantastic!!! Thank you!!! xxxxxxx


    Galaxy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this! I used it, and it helped greatly.

    Check out how I used it! thepotterpost09.blogspot.com

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT tutorial. I think I would've died with happiness if I'd had it when I was on blogger. XD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!

    I nominated you for the Elysian Award
    http://hdfasoutherngirlslife.blogspot.com/2015/07/elysian-award.html

    *Hannah*
    A Southern Girls Life

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!