5.11.2015

Life Update: Steve Jobs is dead? Research Report? Birthday? Recognized on Twitter?

Steve Jobs is Dead:

 A few days ago, my friend and I were studying in the hallway outside. Beside us, were a group of boys studying. Somehow, we all ended up getting into a discusion about Apple and Microsoft. One of the boys argued against Apple, saying, "Ever since Steve Jobs died, the Apple company isn't making realistic products." 
"WHAT? STEVE JOBS IS DEAD!" I yelled.
"Yeah, you didn't know?" said the boy, snickering. "
"When did he die?"
"2011.."
"What? Four years ago!"
" Yes, (insert my name), six years ago. You need to stop reading those books and realize what's happening in the real world!"
No thank you..I'd prefer to stay with my books. But, I really have to start paying attention to current events! I thought that Steve Jobs was alive and thriving (or is it alive and kicking..I never know!). Now, I know the saddening news. 

http://www.forbes.com/steve-jobs/

Research Report:

In this last quarter of the school year, in my class we're doing a state project along with a report. At the beginning of the quarter, I decided on the state, Maine. The state project is actually a bunch of mini projects all molded together. Only three mini projects are required, but that gets you a grade, C. So, I'm doing all the mini projects to get more points than an A+ and an extra mini project that I made up myself. I was actually working on my made up mini project this morning. I decided to make a test on Maine, and write an answer key (it takes a lot of work..I understand teacher troubles, now..). I had ten multiple choice questions, 5 fill in the blanks, and 3 open- ended questions. Since it seemed like you guys enjoyed the trivia quiz that I made a while ago, I made another one, this time about Maine. The quiz includes the ten multiple choice questions from my project. Click on the picture below to get to it. If the picture doesn't show up for some reason, click here


picture is not mine! 

Birthday: 

My birthday occured recently. I'm eleven now! I had a lot of fun, and I was so touched by all the cards I got from my friends. 

Recognized on Twitter:

Remember that post I did a while ago about New Years Resolutions? In that post, I mentioned that I loved the book, "The Clay Lion." Apparently, the author of "The Clay Lion" read that post, and she posted something on twitter regarding it! It's such an honor that the author of that book saw that post, and that she tweeted about it! Click here to see it! 

Toodles! Have a nice day!- Jollygirl






20 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! and to be honest...I never keep up with the news either. I knew Steve Jobs was dead, though, but,....um, yeah, that's abnormal for me to know/remember. XD So don't feel bad! Fictional worlds are soooo much better than reality anyway. ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cait! And, yes, fictional worlds are totally better than reality! So much more interesting!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday jollygirl :)
    I laughed at the first incident you shared about Steve Jobs xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catalina! I'm glad that I made you laugh!

      Delete
  3. 3 right, I really know nothing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay..That trivia quiz was pretty hard..Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Exactly.....Books are WAYYYY better... :)
    Happy Birthday!
    You got recognized on Twitter? Dude, that's crazy awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Books are definitely WAY better! Thank you so much! I never thought I would be recognized on twitter..Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty slow when it comes to current events, too... Like, I didn't hear about "eyebrows on fleek" until that Vine was said to be annoying. I got four questions on the quiz right... :P

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't hear about "eyebrows on fleek" for a long time either. I don't even really understand what the phrase means! Thanks for taking the quiz!

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Eleven was an amazing year for me, so hopefully you'll enjoy it!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that A) I really like your blog, and B) I tried to follow, but it said it was temporarily unavailable. Never fear, I'll just put it into my Blogger Dashboard, but I just thought I should let you know on that :)

    ~Rcubed~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to my 11nth (technically twelfth if you think about it theoretically)!! I'm glad that you like my blog! Thanks for stopping by, and following!

      Delete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Eleven was an amazing year for me, so hopefully you'll enjoy it!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that A) I really like your blog, and B) I tried to follow, but it said it was temporarily unavailable. Never fear, I'll just put it into my Blogger Dashboard, but I just thought I should let you know on that :)

    ~Rcubed~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your first story. :) My grade is doing the state report too! You live across the country, yet we are both doing that project. My state is Maryland; I actually just finished the cover of my state book. Are you making a book out of your research as well?
    Shine on,
    GirlRadio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the first story! It is so cool that you are doing something similar. No, we're not doing a book. In my grade, (actually class, because only two classes out of the grade are doing this) we're doing a formal typed report (no pictures or anything like that), alongside a multi step project Maryland sounds like an interesting state!

      Are you going to be having EOGs soon?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. I looked "EOGs" up - End-of-Grade tests. That term is pretty specific to NC so us Californians don't use it.

    Well, to answer your questions, we took the Common Core aligned tests - Smarter Balanced - in English and math. We have Part 2 tests for both in the future. We also took the grade level science end-of-year assessment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?..I thought that everybody took EOGs! We take EOGs in Math, English, and Science.

      Delete
  10. Yep, he's dead...sad, huh.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!