5.23.2015

A Poem about Nature

Hello! I hope that you're having a nice day. The poem below was something that I wrote in my notebook at the start of April. I've typed it on to here. I hope that you enjoy!

Cool
soft 
peaceful
morning.
Child's dirty fingerprints
of cool whip
on the baby blue sky.

Thump!
 Thump!
Tip-toeing of 
tiny feet
grounding down,
kicking up dry dirt.

Feet linger
for a break,
breaths fly,
red faces,
look up to admire their close kind,
the trees, their mother,
watching over and the boisterous grass,their younger siblings,
tickling their feet.

The straggly roots,
their friends,
marking the steps to get to the end,
yet,
letting them down,
at times,
tripping them,
letting them fall. 

The birds
chatter and
sing, 
they the modest stars
of the land
humming sweetly
from afar,
prancing away,
as the children come near.

They skip along, 
the youth, 
exploring the 
sacred universe around,
smiling at the 
vast
open 
life.

Let us embrace this!"
the children walking along cried.
"Let us embrace the joy of nature 
and life!"
"Embrace that we were born!"
"Embrace the trees!"
"The grass!"
"Animals!"
"Flowers!"
"And, all the world around!" 


I hope that you have a nice memorial day weekend, whether you are on a vacation or not. Enjoy! Bye!

12 comments:

  1. You are an amazing poet! :) This is from your overnight science field trip! I wrote a poem too, from my science camp, and I remember you commented on that post. Well, good night!

    Shine on,
    GirlRadio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is from my overnight science field trip! Thank you so much!

      Your poem from your science camp was amazing!

      Delete
  2. This is quite a nice poem! :D It perfectly describes how I felt and how the day was yesterday when my friends and I walked barefooted over through the beaten nature path to the nearby elementary school to play Mouse on Ground. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Walking barefooted through the path sounds fun! What is Mouse on Ground?

      Delete
  3. Jollygirl, the way you described this is outstanding! The visual imagery I get it absolutely phenomenal! Congratulations on this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem, I love your writing, it's fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah beautiful poem, we all should be always grateful to the mother nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree- we should!

      Delete
  6. I love this poem!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!