3.14.2015

Recognizing Michael Collins

     Do you know who Buzz Aldrin is? I'm betting that most of you did not recognize the name, Buzz Aldrin immediately. What about Neil Armstrong? Now, this guy you recognize immediately. He was the first man to walk on the moon, of course! And, what about Michael Collins? You are probably drawing a blank here.
     Micheal Collins was also a part of Apollo 11, along with Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong. However, he did not walk on the moon. So, everyone has forgotten him. Most people in fact, only remember Neil Armstrong. Some also remember Buzz Aldrin. But no one knows of Michael Collins. 
     I have to admit, that I did not even know that a Michael Collins existed until today! From now on though, I will definitely try to remember all three astronauts because all three of them deserve recognition. It was by chance that Neil Armstrong was the first member of Apollo 11 to step out of the rocket ship, onto the moon.  He did not do any more than Buzz Aldrin or Michael Collins! If Michael Collins got onto the moon first, he would probably be remembered instead of Neil Armstrong!
      I thank Michael Collins for being so courageous to join Apollo 11.  I am very sorry for forgetting Michael Collin's part in Apollo 11. I applaud him for helping the mission to go to the moon.

Find more info here!


s69_31742
Source: NASA


Coming Up Posts: Make your own luck, I'm not like that, Nothing gold stays gold

Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. It's sad how some people are overshadowed by others when they were all part of the same event.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I got your email. My mommy would prefer me not to do interviews, so I'm sorry, I can't do it. Thank you so much for emailing me though!!!
    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad and sorry to say I had no idea who this guy was! I'm sure he was just amazing as the other members of Apollo ll. Thanks for telling us about him!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!