3.01.2015

Hoping for Spring

Sleet.
Glistening, it sprinkles
crystallizing the ground
not looking tremendous
but it is a threat.
Clinks soothe minds
that were hoping for 
a day to rest. 

Snow. 
Blurring reality 
into a cloud of white.
Coating window shields
making cars the loneliest inside,
confined in a small space,
no looking out,
until the realization comes that hard work is needed,
a scraper.
Everyone can hear the shouts of glee
from the children
it is time to play.
The adults need to go to work,
they hope for spring.

Snow, again,
Coming in ineffable amount
Shaking the tree's confidence
they fall down,
taking down lines with them,
The power is out.
Cuddling in blankets,
people try to manage,
finding other things to entertain them,
most importantly, 
managing to follow the taken for granted processes of life,
things like eating, bathing.  
In darkness, 
everyone hopes for spring. 

Icicles.
Twisting my head sideways to peer
under the leaves 
of that old boisterous plant
that we keep on clipping
for no use.
Long pointed slender figures
showing off 
that the season is not over. 
And we're all hoping for spring. 



14 comments:

  1. Gosh, your way with words is just amazing. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  2. ah yes, can I say how much I relate to this? It just snowed again today, and I was definitely not expecting that. Oh well, at least it's SUPPOSED to warm up this week. We'll just see where that one goes ;P
    Wonderfully worded, Jollygirl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's said that it's going to warm up this week..but I'm not sure. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful! I wish now I could write proper poetry, not just flash fiction:P
    It's funny to hear of spring when I've just started autumn. I love the different seasons around the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kat! And, you write beautiful poetry, also! I look up to your writing:-)

      Yes! I agree that it is so wonderful to hear about different seasons going around the world!

      Delete
  4. beautiful poem so beautifully written I have never had the ability to write so I look up to for having such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm sure that you are great at writing! Writing isn't really an ability. It is something that people are passionate about and want to do.

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful. *claps wildly* Although I have to be selfish and wish it wasn't spring for you guys because that means it's winter for me and WAH. I hate cold.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cait! I hate the cold, too! I've never been one of those people who goes out and plays in the snow.

      Delete
  6. Hi! I hope you will look at my blog and follow it by email! It's creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    You can leave a comment while you're at it if you want-I would LOVE to hear from you!
    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  7. I love to hear about snow and ice and really cold winters. Though, being from Australia, I suspect I would hate to live through one. I get far too cold far too easily. (Me being the girl with six blankets on her bed on nights it doesn't even reach freezing.) But it does make for a lovely poem. Love the line describing icicles as 'long pointed slender figures.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty vulnerable to the cold, also!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!