2.25.2015

A Life Update: Snow, Penderwicks, Downton Abbey, I Kill the Mockingbird

We've been having snow days around here, lately.  It was however sleet that gave me 4 days off from school! Yesterday, it was said that there were going to be flurries. Instead, a snow storm arrived. So, it turns out that I'm staying home this week, also.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12583967/?claim=mbmpss4thv8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Snow is actually quite beautiful. All those minuscule flakes come together to form something huge. The world becomes a blur of whiteness, lining everything with a sparkling glint. It obscures reality.When it's snowing,reality is white. I would love to share a picture or video of the snow, but sadly my mother's camera on her phone just doesn't seem to capture it. 

Over the week I've entertained my self by reading and watching the television. I've been re-reading The Penderwicks series as the fourth book is coming out soon. There is also a fifth book coming out in 3-4 years. Two of my close friends are also awaiting this new book and we talk about the series all the time. I was looking online and and it seems to be about Batty discovering her new singing talent. She overhears a fight between Jeffery and Skye and then she gets upset about something(I don't know all the details.) Nick comes back from war, Rosalind has a new stuck up boyfriend, and Jane invites large groups of friends into the house. The Penderwicks in Spring(fourth book) will take place five years after The Penderwicks in Pointe Moutte so of course it will be most focused on Batty as it is an MG. SPOILER: The reviews say that Hound dies! It's horrible! And, my friends and I are so devastated that Skye and Jeffery get into a fight. I always thought that they would end up marrying! 

My friends and I also think that each book mainly revolves around one character. The first book revolved around everyone. The second was mainly about Rosalind. And, the third was mainly about Skye(a little about Jane and Jeffery also..) The fourth is about Batty. It's a shame that there wasn't a book revolving around Jane! She was my second favorite character! Skye however is my favorite of all the Penderwick sisters, even though I'm nothing like Skye! I'm more like Jane! 

Lately I've also been thinking about Harry Potter characters and characters from The Penderwicks  getting along together. I deeply feel that Luna and Jane would be inseparable friends, that Jeffery and Harry would be friends, that Rosalind would be friends with Rosalind or Parviti or something like that, that Skye would get along with either Ron, Harry, or Hermione, and Batty is way to young to decide! 

I also read I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora, It's a funny book(If you are mistaking this for To Kill a Mockingbird, then I would like to tell you that this is not the same book) and it really has persuaded me to read To Kill a Mockingbird. 

I've also been watching Downton Abbey. Does anyone like that show? I'm on season two episode 4(there are only 7 episodes in each season!). First, my mother was watching the show, and then I watched it for two reasons that weren't very..well you'll see. I started watching it because I liked the back round music and because I loved saying the words: downton abbey. Great reasons, right? Anyway, I now really love the show. My favorite characters are Anna, Sybil, Mary(I didn't like her before but in season two she's an extremely well-liked character of mine), Edith(I didn't like her in season one either but in season two she is much more friendly and happy), Mrs. Hughes, ad Mrs. O'Brien. I know Mrs. O'Brien is a bad character and everything, but she and Thomas make the show just a little more enjoyable and humorous.
Yay! Go Sybil!
Source: rewire.tpt.org
So that is what has been going on in my life. If you've been having weird weather, love The Penderwicks, or love Downton Abbey, comment below!! 

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE Downton Abbey!! The Penderwicks is such a lovely book too! My weather has been very cold, and it's been snowing a ton! I'm definitely ready for spring!
    Mae πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downton Abbey and The Penderwicks are so lovely! I'm also definitely ready for spring. I mean, it's almost March! It should not be this cold!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the penderwicks! But I have only read the first one. Poor Hound:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the series is so awesome! You should read the other books!

      Delete
  3. I've read the first Penderwicks! What a lovely book.
    HOUND IS NOT ALLOWED TO DIE DON"T SAY THAT NOOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely series! As I said to Livy, you should read the second and third book. And the news of Hound dying has broken my heart. I gave the spoiler to my friends and they are devastated. :-(

      Delete
  4. I need to watch Downton Abbey...
    Five years for the fourth book is such a huge time jump... BUT HOUND DIES? THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. And I always assumed Skye and Jeffery would marry, too. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downton Abbey is an interesting show..I think you would enjoy it. The five year jump is very huge. I think it would have been better for the series to have closed after the third book, but I am excited to read this next one. The reviews I've read though, say that it focuses more on Batty and it saddens me that we don't get to read much more about the older sisters. Yes, Skye and Jeffery were always of my shipping while I was reading the series. Of course, when they first me they didn't like each other too much..

      Delete
  5. The weather here is pretty typical. Just the usual two feet of snow and below-zero wind chills. :) Ah, life up in the mountains.
    I've never watched Downton Abbey, although everyone's been raving about it lately. Our library has the first few seasons and I'm going to start watching it soon!
    --Rebecca at The Silver Flute

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!