1.28.2015

Revealing My Identity: You Know I'm a Discovery Girl....Which one am I?

Hello lovely readers! What I'm doing today, is something that I'd never thought I would do, I never wanted to show you guys any pictures of me, or give any names, whatsoever. I was afraid and I still am, that I would be judged by my looks and what you see from my profile, rather than my writing on here. 

But, I'm proud of being a Discovery Girl and I'm proud of what I've done. And, I've decided to share it with the world. But, after this, I would still like you guys to think of me as Jollygirl, not: "The girl in the magazine". As I said before, I don't want to be judged by anything other than what is on this blog. 

Discovery Girls is a magazine about self esteem, dealing with problems, friends, bullying, etc... Last year they held the second summit, and I decided to apply. So, I went to California in August and I had a wonderful time there, and made lots of friends. Many months after the summit, we still keep in touch, and I get hundreds of texts from them every day. Once my web diary comes out, I will link it on my blog, and if you wish, you can read my whole DG experience!

I'm in the current issue, February/March 2015. You can purchase these magazines at Target, Barnes and Nobles, Lowes, etc... In the issue, I got two pages of writing, but on the website there's only the top quote, so if you would like to read my whole profile, I just told you some places where they are!
Click here for a link to the February/March 2015 to see the profiles. I'm the one in the second profile, with the green jacket, poofy hair, and I'm writing in a book. 

Wow..I've just shared my identity. What I did here is..huge. But remember, I'm just Jollygirl, the girl whose posts you've been reading!

Thank you for reading this post! Bye!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your profile, Jollygirl! Pretty! :) I can't wait to read your web diary!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Morningtime4!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Jollygirl! It's hard to choose whether to reveal your identity online or not. Yay, you! Your profile is awesome, and I can't wait to read your web diary!! I replied to your email, BTW!

    -Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was so hard for me to choose..but I did! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  3. I know the struggle all too well too. Autumn isn't my real name, but I guess I didn't always make it that clear on my blog. Yeah well, I think most people know anyways. That's so cool you were in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am a very private person, so I was never into sharing pictures of my self or giving out my name, but this is a one time thing..

      Delete
  4. You go girl! You should be so proud of yourself, and this is a huge decision, but I'm so proud of you for ultimately deciding to be brave and show the world your talent, because you're full of it! Stay brilliant! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You inspired me:-)

      Delete
  5. You have a lovely name. I can't wait to read your web journal.
    Emily ♥ www.mylifeasapreteendork.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!