10.18.2014

The Cover

You're the person who sees right through,
doesn't get fooled by the almost transparent cover
that everyone is satisfied with. 
You squint your eyes,
and peer through.
"Don't!" some cry. 
There are two sides of the cover
and  seldom not 
they don't match.
But what's behind the cover, you care,
the thoroughly real side.
And often,
as you close the veil,
done looking, 
you shake your head in dismay. 




I had a sudden burst of energy and wrote the poem above! I showed it to my parents, and they understood it after a while but first were a little confused. So, I thought it would be best to add a little description thingy! SO....

The poem is talking about this one person who focuses about what is on the inside of the person rather than the outside. And often, what's on the inside can be disappointing.

Also, my mom was a bit confused about the phrase: seldom not. That just means often.

So I hope that description cleared up anything you were confused about (if you were confused)

Hope you have a great weekend! Bye!!






5 comments:

  1. I loved this poem! I also switched to the kid version of Nanowrimo and sent you a buddy request!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got your request, you are MinaintheTree right?

      Delete
  2. Amazing poem! After reading your little explanation I scrolled back up and it all made so much sense. You're an amazing writer and this is such a deep poem xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!