8.17.2014

The Giver (Review)

     Many of you guys probably know that the movie "The Giver" came out a couple of days ago! And, since I'm a big fan of  the book "The Giver" I rushed to see the movie based on it. I wanted to make a tiny tiny review on it so here it is!

The Giver Trailer

After seeing the trailer I wasn't so sure about watching the movie. The trailer seemed very different from the book. After seeing the movie though, I realized that the movie was very true to the book. Sure, some parts were changed but in the most part everything was the same! I rate it 5 stars!


The Characters

I loved the choice of actors for the characters! They were exactly how I portrayed them to be while I was reading the book! Also, the actors acted really well!

Plot

This whole section is a shout out to the author of The Giver! I love the plot! It was created so wisely and keeps you reading/watching! 

Visuals

I really loved how the first part of the movie was in black and white! I thought that that was nice because it showed the community as how it looked to people (who were not the receiver of course) 


Age Recommendation

The Giver is a PG-13 movie but I would recommend it for mature 10 year olds and up! 





4 comments:

  1. Ooooh... I read The Giver and I really liked it, but I found the ending was a bit inconclusive. I hope in the movie they find a way to tie things up a bit more. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, The Giver is a really good book! I also thought it was a bit inclusive! In the movie it explains everything a bit more!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you liked The Giver! The story looks interesting.


    xx

    a free mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie really succeeds in making one feel grateful for the freedoms, emotions, and overall beauty that we take for granted everyday. 

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!