8.13.2014

Accentuate The Positive and "The Beautiful Blog Award"

    Hi! Wow! I've gotten two more entries for the writing contest since yesterday! I now have nine entries! That is way more than I thought I would get! I expected 3 entries but I got 9! That is awesome! There are links to all the entries on the writing contest post! Remember that the 15th of August (which is in two days) is the last day to enter.
 

So the video below is the song "Accentuate the Positive" Please listen to it. It is a great song! I have the words of it memorized! I think the whole message of the song is really nice and should be followed. Optimism is really important and I don't think it is valued enough.
THE LYRICS
Gather 'round me, everybody
Gather 'round me while I'm preachin'
Feel a sermon comin' on me
The topic will be sin and that's what I'm ag'in'
If you wanna hear my story
The settle back and just sit tight
While I start reviewin'
The attitude of doin' right

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene

To illustrate my last remark
Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do just when everything looked so dark?

(Man, they said "We'd better accentuate the positive")
("Eliminate the negative")
("And latch on to the affirmative")
Don't mess with Mister In-Between (No!)
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

(Ya got to spread joy up to the maximum) 
(Bring gloom down to the minimum) 
(Have faith or pandemonium's)
(Liable to walk upon the scene)

You got to ac (yes, yes) -cent-tchu-ate the positive
Eliminate (yes, yes) the negative
And latch (yes, yes) on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between
No, don't mess with Mister In-Between






Also, Kat was nominated for The Beautiful Blog Award! Kat, thank you for nominating me!
Rules:
+Answer the questions given to you
+Give some answers for the people you nominate
+Tell the people you have nominated that they have been nominated

1. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
This is kind of odd but I don't have one.
2. What is your favourite ice cream?
Vanilla with Marsh-mellows!
3. Do you snore?
Nope
4. Who is your best friend?
My best friend is a really creative crafty girl! 
5. What do you like best in people? (eg. Good manners, sense of humour, humility...)
Kindness.
6. Who is your idol?
My Parents
7. KFC or MacDonalds?
I've never been to KFC and have only been to MacDonalds once so I'm not absolutely sure. But, I'm guessing that I would  like KFC better.
8. What's your favourite movie?
All of the Harry Potter movies!
9. Who is in your family?
Mom, Dad, and me!
10. What's your least favourite veggie?
Olives
11. Who's the first friend you ever had?
I don't remember much about my first friend. I just know that at some point my first friend started ignoring me.
I nominate:


11 comments:

  1. I really like all of your answers! I value kindness in people too, but I also appreciate respect and a good sense of character. ^.^ And that sad to hear your first best friend started ignoring you. :( I sent you an email in your inbox for help about the followers gadget. :D

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw the email! Thanks so much for sending me that email!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me!


    xx

    a free mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! I love your answers ;) xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for doing this:)
    I don't eat KFC or McDonalds, but most people I know do and have a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most people I know do have a favorite!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for giving me this award. xx I'll be posting my answers soon.

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster award. :) http://sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!