7.14.2014

House and home

   If I asked you what the definition of a house is an then asked you what the definition of a home is, would you have given the same answer for both? Maybe, you think they are synonyms. However, they are not.

Definitions

(These are definitions from the dictionary)
house
noun
hous/
  1. 1.
    a building for human habitation, especially one that is lived in by a family or small group of people.
home
hōm/
noun
  1. 1.
    the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.


      Did you notice that the two words have different definitions? A house is a building designed for human to live in while a home is the place you live. If we poke deeper into these words we will find many differences in them. For instance, you don't need to have a house to have a home. You can be at home with your friends, family. teachers, etc.... A home is full of memories of you growing up. You feel comfortable being there. A house isn't like that. In my opinion, a home is a place that you are comfortable in, that you feel safe in, that you feel loved in, and that has tons of memories. A home is something that you can carry in your heart. 

Thing about my self: Okay. So I can't post every day so I decided I will not be doing the thing about my self everyday. I will do it frequently though. Today my thing about my self is that I'm a picky eater!

Notice that I changed my template for this page and my writing page! I really like the new template! I hope you have a good day! Bye!! 



5 comments:

  1. Love your new template!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! So basically my fifth grade classroom and the theater building/performance building is my home? :D Those are places I associate some pretty happy memories with, besides my actual home, of course! I love the new template! Also, some of the interview questions will be heading your way tomorrow!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying you like the new template!! Again, thanks for the interview!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for saying you like the new template!! Again, thanks for the interview.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!