6.17.2014

Summer is here!!!

    Hi!!!! Summer has finally wheeled around. This summer I'm going to a bunch of summer camps and staying at home. Maybe, some kind of other plans will come up? What are you doing this summer??? To answer the question I just asked you guys, you can comment on my blog post. 
    I can't believe that this year is over!!! Next year I'll be in fifth grade. On the last day of school the fifth grade graduation ceremony took place. The orchestra at my school (if they were not in fifth grade) played for it. Everyone else ("everyone else" includes me) did some classwork while watching this slide show that the fifth graders made. The whole slide show was one hour!!!! It showed the fifth graders when they were in kindergarten, then first grade, and so on. It was so cool seeing how the fifth graders grew over time at my school. I can't believe that next year, my pictures are going to be on that slideshow!!!!! 
     After watching most of the slideshow and completing all my work I volunteered to stuff folders with graded papers ( I did this again in the afternoon too). By the time I was done, each folder was about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide full of paper. Considering that I stuffed 24 folders, there were a lot of papers!!!! Later my friend and I were given a task to organize 6 crates of book. We laid them out in the center of the room and grouped them into piles. Soon, the floor began to fill up so much that there wasn't any place to it or walk!!! I was practically under the table sorting books. Then another friend helped us for a while by standing in the center of the huge pile of books (she had to stand on between the books on about 3 toes to not step on any of the books.) On the afternoon of that day we had pizza from Dominoes! It was a great day!! 
    There is this program I am participating in. I got selected to be in it. Basically, I get books sent to me over the summer that I will review. My review might or might not make it into a website or magazine. However, I think it is great that I'll have books sent to me to read. I got to select some books that I might want to read just by looking at the summary so I was not absolutely sure I would like the books that I chose. I just got one of the books mailed to me yesterday called "I used to Live on Butterfly Hill". So far, in my opinion the book is sort of average. Maybe it will get better or maybe it will stay the same. Either way, I have to finish it. 
      Also, I'm reading the Legend series. The books are really good. I really recommend them and might write a review on this blog about them later.
      Another thing, have a great summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!