5.18.2014

Internet Safety

    I know it has been a long time since my last post. Sorry about that. Anyways, today I wanted to talk about Internet Safety. You might think the whole topic is stupid but it is not. Following certain rules ensures that you are safe online. The rules to internet safety are below.


Internet Safety Rules

1. Never under any conditions, share your passwords to sites, to anyone except your parents.
2. Never agree to meet up with someone you meet online. Some people pretend to be someone else than who they really are.
3. Don't give personal information out online. It really depends on what your parents consider to be "personal information." However, some things that could fit into this category are name, email address, address, passwords, ect.........
4. Don't click on links or attachments from emails until your parents say you are allowed to. Links and attachments don't seem like a big deal but actually they are. Two days ago I clicked on a link from an email I got from someone who's gmail account was hacked (I did not know it was hacked at that time) and almost set a virus( a computer virus is usually when the information on your computer gets leaked out to some random people) on my computer and nearly got my gmail account hacked! 
5. Don't x-out pop ups. Sometimes people disguise buttons as something that will give your computer a virus. 
6. If something disturbs you online, go away from it.
7. Be respectful and appropriate online. The things you do online affect what college you get into.

I hope these rules help you. Please talk to your parents about this to see if they have any other rules or one of these rules does not apply to you. Byeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!